Administration in Mysore
Administrative Functions in Mysore
Land Revenue in Mysore
Mysore City Corporation
The MCC was referred as the best municipal corporation and it had bagged the Nagara Ratna award during the year 2011.
Administrative Responsibilities of MC:
- The MCC is responsible for formulating the annual financial budget for the city and on a regular basis also focuses on the key areas which need attention.
- The residents of Mysore register on a regular basis the birth and death of its resident. This helps in observing certain unique and popular trends in population.
- The infrastructure of the city like road maintenance, street lightening and underground drainage system is maintained by MCC. A good management of these necessary facilities helps to create a good impression among tourists which plays an important role in generating revenue for the city.
- Mysore City Corporation also maintains the water system for the city. Scarcity of water creates problems among the residents and hampers normal life.
- The MCC helps in running the electricity system for the city and an effective electricity power city would help its resident enjoy a better quality of life today. Otherwise busy city life of Mysore would come to a standstill.
- MCC also maintains the cleanliness of the city and this helps to create goodwill among its business tourist as well as tourist from all over the world who visit Mysore’s favorite tourist and religious locations.
- Maintaining road safety measures helps in creating a good impression on its residents and also on the travelers visiting Mysore for various purposes.
- The MCC also maintains various government offices and important city locations in the city. The responsibilities could include selecting accurate staff for its daily operations and also maintaining various maintenance projects for its heritage projects.
- MCC also runs various government hospitals and educational schools for its people. This would help them to cater to medical services and create literacy among its general public.
Mysore Urban Development Authority
Mangalore gets its drinking water from both the Kabini and the Kaveri river. The city was got developed with the Belagola project that was commissioned in the past generation. Mysore recorded the usage of water per days as 42.5 million galls during the year 2011. The whole city is connected to the underground drainage system. The sewage from the Mysore city drains into the valleys. Mysore has been recorded as the second cleanest city in the state of Karnataka during the year 2010 and it still holds the same record.
Mysore Government and Politics
The Mysore Urban Development Authority has made a proposal for a new metro rail system in Mysore. The MUDA has requested the officials from the Mass Rapid Transport System to implement the metro system in Mysore. The survey is still in process and the metro rail system can happen in Mysore in the near future. A heritage park is said to be created in the 35 acres that is found around the Hotel Lalitha Mahal Palace. The park will have the models of the famous heritage structures that originated from the city. The underbridge construction in between the Vidyaranyapuram and Kuvempunagar railway station has been made in the last few days. A swimming pool has been constructed in Vijaynagar stadium that was done on a budget of 21 crore Indian Rupees.
Mysore Lok Sabha Constituency
Members of Parliament from Mysore
- 1951 - N. Rachiah from Indian National Congress
- 1957 - S.M. Siddiah from Indian National Congress
- 1962 - M. Shankaraiya from Indian National Congress
- 1967 - H.D. Tulasidas from Indian National Congress
- 1971 - M.D. Tulasidas from Indian National Congress
- 1977 - H.D. Tulasidas from Indian National Congress
- 1980 - M. Rajasekara Murthy from Indian National Congress
- 1984 - Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiya from Indian National Congress
- 1989 - Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiya from Indian National Congress
- 1991 - Chandraprabha URS from Indian National Congress
- 1996 - C.H. Vijayashankar from Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1999 - Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiya from Indian National Congress
- 2004 - C.H. Vijayashankar from Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2009 - Adagooru H. Vishwanath from Indian National Congress
Who's Who in Mysore
Current Lok Sabha Member from Mysore
Permanent Address of the person: Govt. House Premises, Near Rural Bus Stand, Nazarbad, Mysore City - 10, Karnataka
Delhi Address of the Person: 128-130, South Avenue, New Delhi - 110 011
Mobile-No: 9013180146, 09901172999
Phone Number in Delhi & Mysore: 011-23795342, 0821-2445656
Members of the Legislative Assembly
- V Shrinivas Prasad
Residential Address of the Person: #91, Bheema Sadana, 7th Main Road, Jayalakshmi Puram, Mysore-570012
Mobile- Number: 9448448150
- Sri M.K.Somashekar
Constituency: Krishnaraja Mysore
Residential Address of the Person- #318, "Janani", D Subbaiah Road, Chamaraja Mohalla, Mysore-24
- Sri P.Vasu
Constituency: Chamaraja Mysore
Residential Address of the Person: #16, Temple Road, Jayalakshmi Puram, Mysore-570012
- Sri Tanveer Sait
Constituency: Narasimharaja Mysore
Mobile Phone Number-9845108055/9845127861
- Sri G T Devegowda
Constituency: Chamundeshwari, Mysore
Residential Address of the Person: # 509, New Kalidasa Road,Vijaya Nagara 1st stage,Mysore -570017
- Sri Siddaramaiah
Hon'ble Chief Minister and Member of Legislative Assembly
Constituency: Varuna, Mysore
Bangalore Landline Number-080-23111155
Commissioner of Police Mysore
Residential Address-Mirza Road, Near Gandhivana Park, Nazarbad Mysore- 10
Contact Phone Number- 0821-2418100
All of the above important people do their duties with utmost dedication and help the city to enjoy a good quality life.
The state of Karnataka occupies an important place among the states of India. Bangalore can be described as India’s IT hub. Mysore away from Bangalore for more than 140+ km is an important tourist location in Karnataka. Mysore has numerous names. It is called the “City of Palaces” or the “Sandalwood City”. The name Mysore is originally derived from the word “Mahisura” and the British anglicized it into Mysore during its rule. The city is under spotlight during the Dusshera festival and for its Mysore silk sarees which are famous over the world.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0