Driving Licence in Mysore
Importance of Driving LicenseA driving license is an official document that is issued by individual state through their RTA/RTO (Regional transport authorities/ officers). This is a certification that indicates that the holder is suitably qualified to ride or drive vehicle of that specific category. An individual must be 16 years of old for getting a license to ride a motorcycle of motor capacity below 50cc, and must be 18 years of old to drive any other types of vehicle. For driving and riding vehicle all across the country legally, an individual need to have “All India Permit”.
Different driving license is issued for different types of vehicles. Some of the most common types of driving license are:
- MC 50CC-motorbike with an engine capacity of 50 cc or less
- MCW: It permits to drive a motorbike with any engine capacity, but without gear.
- MC EX50CC: permits to drive motorbike with engine capacity more than 50 cc and light motor vehicle like a car.
- MCWG or M/CYCL.WG: allowing to ride motorcycles of any type.
- LMV-NT: issued for light motor vehicles for personal use only.
- LMV: permits to drive light motor vehicles including jeeps, motorcars, rickshaws, taxis, three-wheeler van and much more.
- LMV-TR: permits to use light weight vehicle like car jeep and many for both personal and commercial purposes.
- HMV: It is all India driving permit for heavy and light motor vehicles including trucks and cars.
How to Get Driving License in MysoreHaving a learner’s license is mandatory for obtaining a permanent driving license in Mysore. One must be minimum 16 years of age for getting a learner’s license for a vehicle having a motor capacity below 50 cc. 18 years is the minimum age for obtaining a permanent driving license for private vehicles. Only a person who is at least twenty years of old can obtain license for commercial vehicle.
For getting a learner’s license, one need to submit the authentic application form to LTO (local transport office) in their region. One should hold passport size photographs, certification of proof of identity, residence and age, medical fitness certification and requisite fee for applying driving license. After verification of all the given document, you will go through the written and oral Learner’s Test. Usually, the questions are related to traffic rules, regulations and various traffic signs. If you failed in the Learner’s Test, you will be given an opportunity to qualify the test again.
For getting a permanent driving license, you must apply within 180 days and 30 days after getting the Learner’s License. One should have comprehensive knowledge about the vehicle system, traffic rules & regulations, safe driving techniques, ideas about various traffic signs, do and Don’ts of driving. On passing written, oral and driving test, you will be issued a Permanent driving license.
Address of RTO Office in Mysore:
Regional Transport Office
RTO Cir, Chamarajapura, Lakshmipuram
Mysore, Karnataka 570004
Phone: 0821 246 0721
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0