Government Bodies in Mysore
Administration of Mysore District
The Main Functions of Mysore District Administration
Land Revenue: revenue administration is the second function that is served by the district administration of Mysore. The function includes land administration, land records maintenance and land revenue collection and assessment. Land disputes and laws pertaining to land are also supervised and guided by the district administration or Deputy Commissioner of Mysore.
Development activities: schemes like MLAD, MPLAD, Calamity Drought and Ashraya have been implemented by the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore for the welfare of the people of Mysore.
Election: the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore also works in the form of District election Officer. He is the body who is responsible for all the elections that are organised within the district of Mysore. He acts as the Returning Officer for South Teachers Constituency, Parliamentary Constituency and South Graduate Constituency. The other lections that are looked after by the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore are:
- Assembly Constituency
- Town Panchayat
- Town Municipal Council
- Taluk Panchayat
- Zila Panchayat
- Grama Panchayat
Matters of Municipal Administration: The Deputy Commissioner of Mysore also looks after the proper functioning and the supervision of local bodies in the urban areas of Mysore.
Emergency Relief: In circumstances like famines, floods, earthquakes, accidental fires and various other calamities that are natural, the entire responsibility is taken up by the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore who forms the Disaster Management Group.
Matters of Land Acquisition: Land acquisition for purposes of the public like construction of bridges, roads, industries and irrigation channels is approved by the Officer Incharge for Land Acquisition under the supervision of the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore.
Residuary Functions: There are many executive functions related to the Government that have not been defined precisely and there are no representatives appointed for the management of such functions by the Government. Therefore, the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore is also responsible of carrying out residuary matters. Such functions include Red Cross, Family Planning, Social Welfare Schemes on the district level, Minority Schemes and Department Works.
Assistant Commissioner of Mysore
The contact detail of the Deputy Commissioner of Mysore is: Deputy Commissioner's Office, Mysore District, Mysore. Phone : 0821 - 2422302, , Fax 0821 – 2429012, email : email@example.com.
MP in Mysore
Some facts about Adagooru Huchegowda Vishwanath:
- Delhi Address: 108, Karnataka Bhawan, New Delhi
- Permanent Address: Government House premises, Near Rural Bus Stand, Nazarbad, Mysore- 10, Karnataka
- Phone: 9013180146, 011-23795342, 0821-2445656
- Assets: More than Two crores
- Profession: Agriculturist and Advocate
- Education: Graduate
Mysore Lok Sabha Constituency
1. Madikeri: Appachu Ranjan M.P, M.L.A, Madikeri, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Bharitya Janata Party.
2. Virajpet: Bopaiah. K.G., M.L.A, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Bharitya Janata Party, Address: No. 23-232, Near Wood Land Son Country Club, Madikeri, Phone: 08272-229670/ 222878(R) 9448448610
3. Piriyapatna: K.Venkatesh, M.L.A, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Indian National Congress, Address: Doddagowda Kopalu Hamlet, Kitthur Village, Piriyapatna Taluk, Mysore District. Phone: 9448273585.
4. Hunsur: H.P Manjunath, M.L.A, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Indian National Congress, Address: 410,B-Block,Mythri Apartment, Kantharaj Urs Road, Saraswathipuram, Mysore Phone: 944806685
5. Chamundeshwari: M.Sathyanarayana, M.L.A, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Indian National Congress, Address: G.C.Koppal, K.N.Halli Post, Ilawala Hobli, Mysore Taluk, Mysore, Phone: 9980169534
6. Krishnaraja: Tanveer Sait, M.L.A, Narasimharaja, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Indian National Congress, Address: 532, M.G. Road Cross, Udayagiri, Extn.Mysore-570015, Phone: 9845166557.
7. Chamaraja: Vasu, M.L.A, Chamaraja, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Indian National Congress
8. Narasimharaja: S.A.Ramadass, M.L.A, Krishnaraja, Mysore, Karnataka, India, Primary Party: Bharitya Janata Party, Address: 1063/77, A 1st Main Road,6th Cross, Vidhyaranyapura,Mysore-570 008, Phone: 0824-2484477(R),9448093395.
The names and the contact details of some important Government Bodies in Mysore have been provided below:
Karnataka Government Insurance Department , Saraswathipuram , Mysore
Category: Government Departments, Phone: (0821) 2542998, Address: 74, Saraswathipuram, Mysore- 570009, Karnataka, Landmark: Opposite Chowdaiah Memorial Hospital.
IT , Vishveshwariah Nagar , Mysore
Category: Government Departments, Phone: (0821) 2489123.
Address: 55/1, Shilpashree, Vidyaranya Complex, Vishveshwariah Nagar,Mysore- 570013, Karnataka. Landmark: In Vidyaranya Complex.
Drug Controller , Saraswathipuram , Mysore
Category: Government Departments, Phone: (0821) 2545511.
Address: 620, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, 8th Main, Saraswathipuram, Mysore-570009, Karnataka. Landmark: Near Canara Bank.
Income Tax Office , Sayyaji Rao Road , Mysore
Category: Government Departments, Phone: (0821) 2421799, (0821) 2420688.
Address: Farooqia Building, Sayyaji Rao Road, Mysore- 570021, Karnataka. Landmark: In Farooqia Building.
Accountant General , Siddartha Nagar , Mysore
Category: Government Departments, Phone: (0821) 2471679.
Address: 446, Inspection Quarters, 2nd Cross, 10th Main, Siddartha Nagar,Mysore- 570011, Karnataka. Landmark: Near Ganapathi Temple.
The Government Bodies in Mysore including the Mp in Mysore and also the MLAs of the constituencies do a good job in maintaining and administering the district of Mysore.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0