Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore
Foundation of Sushrutha Eye Hospital MysoreStarted in 1993 by Dr. C A P Prabhu, Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore has grown into a much sought after super-specialty eye hospital, with the avowed mission of providing quality eye care with the help of modern technology, reaching out to even the underprivileged through special outreach programs. Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore is conveniently located on Deewans Road near Marimallappa College and is easily accessible.
The Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore provides exemplary eye care starting with consultation, diagnostics, optical equipments and laser surgery in a well integrated facility.
Departments of Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore
- The cataract and intraocular lens implantation department is staffed by experts with years of experience. Equipments include operating microscope, phacoemulsification system, biometry equipments, lens star optical biometry and orbscan topography equipments to make the procedure quick, painless and 100% successful.
- Refractive services department make use of state-of-the-art Bausch & Lomb eximer laser vision correction system, implantable contact lens unit, diamond blades for refractive surgery and an ultrasound Phacymeter.
- Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore has one of the finest glaucoma treatment divisions equipped with 4 mirror gonioscope, pneumotonometry equipment, applanation equipment, visual field analyzer, YAG iriodotomy unit and nerve fiber analysis handled by specialists in this field.
- The vitreo retina service is the pride of Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore and is equipped with best in class KOWA FFA unit, Zeiss BIOM, Vitrectomy system, macular analysis, green laser treatment and photodynamic therapy delivered by professionals with the highest qualifications.
- The corneal services division offers corneal grafts and eye banking services, making use of corneal topography equipments, digital segment photography and C3r for keratoconus procedures. Oculoplasty services go side by side assisted with Radio Frequency surgical unit, orbitomy equipments, DCR/DCT and correction equipments for a variety of corrective and prosthetic eye surgeries
Facilities & Services at Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore
- All surgical units are supported by a full-fledged anesthesia service in-house with a halothane vaporizer, AGM Monitor, pulseoximeter, cardiac monitor and a nebulizer.
- Hygiene is of the highest standard, taken care of by the CSSD services with autoclaves and sterilizers.
- The Sushrutha Eye Hospital Mysore offers comprehensive and assured high quality eye care covering cataract surgery, phaco surgeries, refractive surgeries, intraocular transplants, glaucoma and lacrimal surgeries handled by surgeons with international qualifications and years of experience.
The 'Firsts' to the Hospital's CreditMysore’s Sushrutha eye hospital has many firsts to its credit some of which are:
- First to offer laser eye correction
- First to offer implantable contact lenses (ICL)
- First to carry out Boston Keratoprothesis and lamellar keratectomy in Mysore to restore vision in cases of eyes with opacification of the cornea
- First to carry out cataract surgery using signature transversal ultrasound
Address of the Hospital:
Sushrutha Eye Hospital
Dewans Rd, Subbarayanakere
Ph No: 0821 - 2427070